Ferns and Moss Face Serum
This deeply nurturing, concentrated treatment product in the form of a thick, substantial facial oil was created especially for the skin that needs serious nourishing, repair, restructuring, moisture retention, healing, cell regeneration, or detoxing (a need for detoxing is evident as recurring dark spots or an overall unhealthily dark or dull facial appearance, or as water retention and a puffy appearance), as well as damage and wrinkle reversal.
It is a deeply yet slowly penetrating formula particularly suited for skin that seems to be thoroughly dry into its deep layers, mature, wrinkled, prematurely aged, with recent wounds that need to heal without any scars, chapped, tight, with dry eczema, even itchy, or with a tendency toward puffiness (water and lymph retention).
In short: if your skin is so dry that nothing works, if your scratches or wounds are just healing, or healing slowly, if your skin cracks or lacks suppleness, body, and firmness, this is the product for you. We particularly recommend this serum for ages 40 or older. Start small, rubbing a few drops at a time into damp skin to gauge how much you need without overdoing it. This serum is not designed to give you an instant lift or glow but to thoroughly reconstruct your skin's cells over a longer period of time.
There are no fillers (let's face it, in the world of the best and most potent oil-based facial serums, even sunflower, safflower, or grape seed oil have no place), nothing added to dilute, just dense, unrefined active ingredients from the natural world.
Shake periodically to remix. Massage a few drops or more into freshly cleansed, moist skin day and night. Use alone or over a facial oil primer—an aloe-based primer will merge with the oil and facilitate its absorption. Rub in with fingertips, creating outward, upward circles, to stimulate circulation and enhance absorption. Use less during the day and more at night, or use only at night, more if you feel drier and less if your skin is moderately dry (oily zones can be omitted entirely). This serum can be used on the face, neck, décolleté, and under eyes.
In freezing winter weather, rub a little extra into cheeks and the nose in particular to prevent getting frostbitten or chapped or to heal chapped skin. Alternately, use a more generous amount as a nourishing anti-aging face mask and tissue off the remainder after two hours. Avoid using over the eyes as a mask, as this thicker, slower-absorbing serum might drip into your eyes.
- Two of the key ingredients in this original formula come from the Amazon rainforest: the medicinal andiroba oil, with a long list of healing properties, from detoxing (removes puffiness) and antibacterial effects (heals and prevents acne) to skin rejuvenating powers (increases the levels of collagen); and copaiba balsam, with its unique sweet scent and well-documented anti-inflammatory, anti-acne, antiviral (helps with cold sores), and foremost soothing properties. Both of these Amazonian oils have been used and revered as rainforest medicines for centuries. Both of these oils render Ferns and Moss noncomedogenic, a unique quality in a strong anti-aging facial serum.
- Next comes the Madagascar tamanu oil, an oil that heals wounds without scarring, rejuvenates the skin into its deep layers, and is also antibacterial.
- Our seabuckthorn berry oil is a rich red-orange, derived from the berries. This is one of the most powerful botanicals for achieving a youthful, firm skin.
- Calendula is an all-time popular ingredient, but there are many different ways of using it in skin care products, from infusions in water or oil to using powdered flowers or just petals. This CO2 extract from whole flowers uniquely retains the flowers' scent and is the most concentrated calendula extract we have come upon, with a texture of thick honey and a soft red, translucent color.
- Manquetti mongongo, a relatively unknown as of yet botanical oil from Africa, is thick and rich for amazing nourishing, wrinkle reducing, and anti-aging benefits. Moringa, the superfood from India, offers a green string-bean-reminiscent scent component and hydrating properties. Iranian galbanum is an ancient skin healer with a dry earthy-leafy scent.
If you are wondering which face serum is the right choice for you:
This serum is a highly concentrated product whose rejuvenative properties will be best perceived and appreciated by mature, dry, and damaged skin types. We also offer three other face oils to suit a wide range of skincare needs: Rufy Face Oil, Magical Babassu and Black Locust Firming Concentrate.
Ruby Face Oil is one of our bestsellers, a light, antioxidant-rich oil that absorbs fast, is noncomedogenic, and feels very light even on a hot and humid day. It is one of our top choices for sun damage repair and for scar healing.
Magical Babassu Face Oil is relatively the most emollient of our facial oils. It is a creamy, medium-weight oil for normal to dry skin, and is ideal for sensitive and winter skin.
Black Locust Firming Concentrate is another rich yet noncomedogenic oil. Black Locust was created specifically for skin with signs of aging; it is firming, rejuvenative, and wrinkle-reducing.
Ferns and Moss Serum and Black Locust Firming Concentrate are thicker oils that contain anti-acne ingredients. Ruby is the lightest and fastest absorbing of our oils, and Magical Babassu is the most creamy and most soothing.
For dry and damaged or dry and mature skin, you may want to test all our oils. Ruby is most popular in the summer months and Magical Babassu, Ferns and Moss, and Black Locust are most popular in the colder months. Many customers alternate two of our oils to provide the skin with a wide range of nutrients.
For all skin types, especially dry to very dry, mature, damaged, aged, wrinkled, lacking firmness, with dry eczema, with healing wounds or recent scars, allergy-prone, and sensitive. Noncomedogenic.
Cold-press unrefined Moringa oleifera seed oil* or †, cold-press unrefined Carapa guianensis (andiroba) seed oil†, cold-press unrefined Schinziophyton rautanenii (mongongo) seed oil†, cold-press unrefined organic Calophyllum inophyllum (tamanu) nut kernel oil, Plukenetia volubilis (sacha inchi) seed oil* or † , Copaifera officinalis (copaiba balsam) essential oil and/or resin†, Hippophae rhamnoides (seabuckthorn berry) CO2 extract* or †, Calendula officinalis CO2 extract*, Ferula galbaniflua (galbanum) essential oil†, virgin cold-press unrefined Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, IFRA compliant Evernia prunastri (oakmoss) absolute†.
*Certified organic. †Responsibly wildcrafted.
All absolutes are hexane free whenever available.
Certified cruelty free, vegan, handcrafted, small batch. Gluten free.
Travel size: 15 ml
Mini size: 5 ml
Handcrafted in Washington
Freshness guaranteed for 6 months